Hosted by: Sail Sand Point OCC and Kikaha O Ke Kai OCC
Registration – 7:30am – 9:00am
Race Starts – 10am Womens, Coed & Mens Crews – Mass Start for 9-man changeout & Iron/Beach Changeout crews
1. Optional 18 mile Iron/Beach change or 26 mile 9-man Changeout race on Lake Washington. 18 mile course is a beach/land changeout course for paddlers not comfortable doing water changes. (no escort boat needed) 26 mile 9-man course is from Sand Point Beach Park around Mercer Island and back
2. $20.00 per paddler race fee
3. Escort boat fee: $250 per crew(might be higher) – local crews are encourage to get their own escorts. Escorts will be provided for out of state and far away clubs. E-mail email@example.com for escort boat reservations.
4. Race Rules is in accordance with PNW-ORCA and USACK. All paddlers must have a USACK insurance or sign a waiver and pay a $10 event only race fee.
5. Need to borrow a OC-6? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Open (all ages) Women, Men, Open Coed and Catalina COED 2. Master (40 and over) Women, Men and Catalina Masters Coed –masters for water changeout crews only
Iron – 6 paddlers only, irons the whole 18mile race course. No escort boat needed.
9-man changeout – 9 paddlers changing out with an escort boat. Note: Catalina COED crews will be 6 gals and 3 guys – Women can have up to 10 women like Na Wahine O Ke Kai – Men only 9 paddlers
Note; Beach Changeout will have only one division (Open Coed) but you can add up to 12 paddlers to do changeouts. Try to keep an even amount of male and female paddlers( no dominant male crews unless you have to and race unofficially). No escort boat needed.
Awards Ceremony and Kaukau at Sand Point Beach Park – Food will be available
Each winning crews from 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place finishers in each division will win professionally made Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals.
From I-5 North or South take the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge(520 hwy) and stay in the right lane and go east, take the 1st exit, Mountlake Blvd. And go north pass UW Football Stadium, road will change into Sand Point Way and keep going north pass Magnuson park and turn right at 7400 Sand Point Way (Old Sand Point Naval Station) take the 1st left and follow road to Sail Sand Point Marina and Beach. NW end of Park.